Social media is now full of visual content. Statistics can prove that. What's challenging now is to understand those visual posts on social media.
I've gathered some really interesting statistics (into Infographic) from various sources related to visual content on social media. It gives us an overview of how social media has really moved on to using visual content and why it's important to truly understand those visual posts for your brand.
* You can download the PDF version of this infographic, which also includes data sources, by clicking on the image below. But read on ....
To summarize the Infographic content, these are the most interesting statistics:
On the Internet:
* 84% of communications are visualized
* 82% of all consumer Internet traffic will be IP video by 2021
* 94% more "total views" can be achieved when using visualized content
On social media:
* Visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared.
*Out of 5,700 marketing professionals surveyed, 80% uses images, 63% uses videos, and 35% uses live videos, in their corporate marketing content
* Out of 5,700 marketing professionals surveyed, 68% plans to increase the usage of images, 77% plans to increase the usage of videos, and 63% plans to increase the usage of live videos.
* Out of 5,700 marketing professionals surveyed, 32% regards images as the most critical marketing content, 24% videos, and 9% live videos.
* 350 million new photos are uploaded on Facebook on a daily basis.
* There are more than 8 billion video views per day.
* 100 million hours of video is watched per day.
* 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
* Tweets with photos get 35% boost in retweets.
* Tweets with videos get 28% boost in retweets.
* 40 billion new photos were shared by March 2018.
* 200 million active users use Instagram Stories on a daily basis.
* 95 million photos are uploaded daily.
* 5 million videos were shared within 24 hours when Instagram first introduced the video feature.
Most importantly ...
With all these statistics, yet .... when it comes to measuring the Return on Investment (ROI) ...
* 74% of CMOs have little or no confidence in having the right technology in place to achieve their marketing goals.
This is actually a scary figure. On the bright side,
* 79% of CMOs expect to invest more in marketing analytics and attribution over the next year.
* 82% of CMOs ranked reach and frequency as their most important capability.
So, understanding complicated data, which includes videos, images, sarcasm, jokes, mis-spellings, etc, on social media, is going to become more and more important. Social media is definitely not going away any time soon. CMOs need to act fast to find the best and the right service to make sense of all the data on social media accurately, so that they can make the right and smart decisions for their business.
Get a free health check-up of your current social media analytics tool by simply contacting us!