Social media marketing has a huge potential to increase sales. However, there is a lack of understanding on how to achieve those results through social media.
Here are some ways social media marketing can improve your business:
1. Increase Brand Recognition. Every opportunity you have to syndicate your content and increase your visibility is valuable. Social media networks are just new channels for your brand’s voice and content. This is important because it simultaneously makes your company easier and more accessible for new customers and makes them more familiar and recognizable for existing customers. It can also help you enjoy higher loyalty from your customers.
2. More Opportunities to Convert with High Conversion Rates. Every post on a social media platform is an opportunity for customers to convert. You will simultaneously have access to new customers, recent customers and old customers, and be able to interact with all of them. Every blog post, image, video, or comment shared is a chance for someone to react and every reaction could lead to a site visit and eventually a conversion.
3. Higher Brand Authority. Interacting with customers regularly is a show of good faith for other customers. When people go to compliment or brag about a product or service, they turn to social media. And when they post your brand name, new audience members will want to follow your company for updates. The more people that are talking about you on social media, the more valuable the brand will seem to new users.
4. Increased Inbound Traffic. Without social media, inbound traffic is limited to people already familiar with your brand and individuals searching for keywords you currently rank for. Every social media profile that you add is another path leading back to your site and every piece of content you syndicate on those profiles is another opportunity for a new visitor.
5. Efficient Marketing Spending. On average, B2B marketers allocate 28% of their total marketing budget to content marketing (Content Marketing Institute, 2015). While generating new contents on constant basis may seem like a daunting idea, if only a quarter of your marketing budget is spent on creating contents which helps to increase inbound traffic, brand awareness, and higher conversion rates, you are not wasting your budget in any way. Utilizing social media to distribute your content is efficient, cost-effective, and with minimal investment, you can also bump up your visibility by buying ad space from various social media platforms.
6. Better Search Engine Rankings. SEO is the best way to capture relevant traffic from search engines, but the requirement for success is always changing. Therefore, being active on social media could act as a “brand signal” to search engines that the brand is legitimate, credible and trustworthy. That means, if you want to rank for a given set of keywords, having a strong social media presence could be almost mandatory.
7. Richer Customer Experiences. Social media, at its core, is a communication channel like email or phone calls. Every customer interaction you have on social media is an opportunity to publicly demonstrate your customer service level and enrich the relationship with your customers.
8. Improved Customer Insights. Social media provides you with an opportunity to gain valuable information about what customers are interested in and how they behave, via social listening. For example, monitoring user comments to see what people think of your brand directly.
If you need to re-evaluate your social media strategy and see what is your current visibility, contact us and we can provide you with customized insights, statistics, and consultation.